Saturday, February 12, 2011

I'm 30!!!!

Yep, yesterday was my 30th Birthday. I spent the evening with my family being buried under little girls. No really, I had one on each leg and they would fight over who got to sit by me and hand me gifts. So adorable. Love them!

I received some great stuff. From my godmother I got a picture frame that is also a jewelry box, I can't wait to hang it up and put my jewelry in it, so I don't LOSE the stuff anymore >_< It also has a great place for necklaces, which seemed to be my problem with finding a good box; I couldn't find one that would hold necklaces WELL.

My nieces each bought me a pair of fleece PJ pants in the cutest colors ever! I got a kind of camo-pink, then one plack with colorful stripes and one that's light blue with dark blue and white clouds. They're going to be great to sleep in!

From my parents I got ... well a cruise to the Bahamas and Kennedy Space Center. The cruise will be March 6th for one week. I am also attempting to loose 10-20 lbs in that time. I've given up wheat and junk food. I'm also eating breakfast, a small snack, Lunch, a small snack and dinner, and a small snack, or well I'm attempting to anyway. I think I can do it! Almost 2 weeks down, and 3 to go.


I have decided that this year of being 30 a year for positive change. I'm going to start with my mind set and move onto the physical. I'm going to stop saying "I'm sick" all the time when all I have is the sniffles or allergies. Now, I do suffer from allergies, but I don't need to complain about it constantly. With not doing that, I think that will help with me not actually GETTING sick. It's been scientifically proven that positive thinking actually does keep people from feeling sick or depressed. So I'm going to take this approach.

Next, I will no longer say "I'm Poor." The fact is, I'm not poor; I might be broke, or have limited funds, but I'm not "poor". I'm starting to feel by me saying "I'm poor" so often, it dishonors people who work hard and who are ACTUALLY poor, or who are poor through governmental influences (or lack there of). I think focusing on the positive, realizing that I have a lot of stuff, more stuff than I know what to do with, stuff that I can pack up and give to Good Will, keeps me from actually being "poor".

And finally I will try to always look for the positive in all situations. Someone's being a jerk, I'll look at the positive, maybe not at the time, but after a few hours of calming down, I'll try to see what I can take away from that confrontation. Something happens financially, I will again look at the positive, like the fact I have friends and family who love me, and if I was truly in a bad spot I know they would all help. I will do my best to find the silver lining in all situations even if it means reminding myself that others are worse off than I am, and therefore, I can make it through whatever problems I might face.

From there, once I get my mind set to the positive, I will work on body. There's always stuff people don't like about their bod, I think everyone has something they don't like. Well, rather than complain, I'm going to work hard to fix it. I have wanted a nose job since I was in 7th grade, I believe I will save up for one, and in the mean time, I will work on getting toned. Arms, bum, and thighs are really the areas that I feel could use some toning. I think in doing that it will really help me get to a place I want to be, and then I can get my nose job.

For two weeks I've been dieting and to be honest, I feel really good. I don't feel hungry and I don't feel the need to eat a lot of junk. I'm also not snacking while sitting watching TV or being on the computer at night like I used to. I don't even feel the NEED to. Not to mention all the money I'm saving NOT buying fast food.

This is my goal.

I will do it!

3 comments:

  1. You are the woman!!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cas, I know the feeling. Good luck with your goals. They sound surmountable. Hope all is well...

    -JC

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all sound like excellent plans to me! I'm working on my Inner Bertie some more too. :)

    ReplyDelete