Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10: Weekend Cleaning

I've decided to start by cleaning up the living space first, then I'll pick a room, empty the drawers and try to figure out what I'm going to do with all the crap that's in them. Some stuff, obviously, will be tossed, other stuff will be kept. I'm going to attempt to NOT do the "let's just shuffle it from room to room" thing, and actually find good places to put things.

My kitchen, at this point, is completely clean, dishes washed (not put away, I'd washed them before bed and they weren't completely dry yet), counters cleaned off, kitchen table cleaned off and I Soft Scrubbed the counters and stove. I do need to mop and vacuum the rug my kitchen table is sitting on, but other than those two things, the kitchen is clean. Next kitchen task will be to empty the cabinets and drawers of their stuff and find places for them.

The living room is mostly clean, and completely vacuumed. I [kind of] rearranged furniture, in I moved it down a little bit. I need to move the entertainment center over toward the wall so that it's centered to the couch. I DO rather wish I could take the side of the entertainment center that holds all the nick-nacks and move it to the OTHER side, because I like the location of the TV, but I don't think it works that way, so It'll just have to be moved down a foot.

Once all that is finished, on to the drawers.

Next room to tackle... the Bathroom (bumbumbuuuuum) I think I need to get rid of some towels, and there's a box that's been in the bathroom for 3 years. I've no idea what's in it, but I'm thinking I could probably get rid of the stuff that's in the box...

No comments:

Post a Comment