Monday, January 3, 2011

Last Day of Shopping

ORIGINALLY POSTED DECEMBER 31, 2010

For Christmas, I received a portable dishwasher. It was supposed to be delivered on Tuesday, but I received a call from them on Monday saying due to the blizzard, they wouldn't be able to deliver until Friday (not a big deal, really). Yesterday, I received a phone call saying the dishwasher would be delivered between 1 and 5 pm. Naturally, the way most things go when they give you a window like that, it's almost always delivered closer to the end of the window than at the beginning. I was a little bummed at this, because originally I'd been thinking I would go home for the delivery, then leave to do some last minute shopping.

So to my great surprise, the dishwasher was delivered at 1:00! I left work and took Mom shopping for pants. It's very difficult finding mid-rise boot cut NON-SKINNY pants these days, but we did find some. I had to return some pants to Macy's for being "just under waist" which really means "at waist" and sadly I had no luck there again, even at a different Macy's, but Mom ended up with 3 pairs, one of which will be brought back due to no pockets.

I did have some luck, strangely enough, at Target where I bought a pair of really pretty black pinstripes. Then at New York and Company I bought 2 pairs of pants. Get this... one pair is JEANS! That's right. Jeans! I broke down and bought my second pair of jeans in almost... what... 12 years? I also bought, in the same style, a pair of light brown/dark tan pants. I like them so hopefully they all fit.

In addition, I realized last night I needed underwear, I picked up 15 pairs of underwear, the cheap kind you get at Target, while I'm used to the nice kind at Victoria's Secret. These should at least get me through the year.

Mom's under the impression that underwear and socks are nessesities and can be purchased in 2011, I'm going to try not to purchase those things. Undies, because I have them and Socks because they're evil and go to my cat.

Tomorrow, I start cleaning my apartment. Deep cleaning. The kind of cleaning where you move everything to vacuum under the couch and stuff. It'll be nice to have a clean living room/Kitchen/Bathroom/Hallway. Then it will be time to clean the back room... but not this weekend.

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment