Monday, January 3, 2011

Day Two - Cleaned Out 4 Boxes

ORIGINALLY POSTED JANUARY 2, 2011

So the whole cleaning and getting rid of old ... things is a lot harder on my mother than I believe it is on me. While there are times when I think to myself, "maybe I should keep that, maybe I'll need it" for the most part I come to the conclusion that I'll never needed it and if it's in a box for a year (or longer) then obviously it's not doing me any good. The only issue I'm running into, is some things I want to get rid of, but I don't want to just toss them out or give them to Goodwill, so either I keep them, or I need to find someone I feel comfortable giving the items too. Lindsay's kids usually fit that bill, they're received a huge bag from me the last time I went on a cleaning binge.

Today, however, Mom and I sorted through 4 boxes from her attic. Most of this was my old stuffed animals that I then put into a plastic bag to give to Goodwill. There's one small box that I decided to keep, maybe 15 stuffed animals that have a special meaning to me. Mom did good. Just let me put all the animals in a bag without worry... though later she said that her heart was tugged a few times as I put things in a bag.

She also went through old papers, school papers, and holiday/Birthday cards and got rid of those. She did good! I know how hard that must have been.

4 boxes down, 16 to go. If she works at this rate, she'll have all 20 boxes finished by February.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete